Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Internet. It's amazing.

http://wolfhawk756.deviantart.com/

That's my deviantart account. Deviantart, or dA as a lot of people call it, is a social networking site for artists that I absolutely love. Artists can share and view other people's work and sell or buy prints of pictures. It's a lot of fun, and I like getting to meet new people and make connections with young artists in other countries. Some of the friends I've made through dA live in Canada, Russia, England, France, or South America. Which is amazing to me. For example, I often do requests for other people, which means they'll ask me to draw them their character or something they like for free. It's a good trade for me because I get practice and I'll get more global recognition. Here's a recent trade that I did.


This coyote is a character belonging to Xiik, a girl who lives in Colombia. (the link on her username goes to her page, by the way.)

Anyways, I'm glad my friends persuaded me to join dA. It's been a good learning experience for me, as I get to make friends and have fun while getting tips from other artists on style and mediums.

No comments:

Post a Comment